GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
We mentioned before that we like sports at GameDuell. And we are not talking about sitting in one of Berlin’s beer gardens in front of the screen to watch others move (although we enjoy doing that as well). We like to actually get out, get moving and do sports. Table tennis, football, beach volleyball – you name it! Our team members have organized groups and regularly meet up, for fun, for exercise, for competition. Self-evidently, we were also eager to participate in Berlin’s 14th Firmenlauf – together with 15.000 other runners, walkers, skaters, handbikers, wheelchair and unicycle users from a multitude of companies in the entire city.
Last week, one of the most popular GameDuell games, Rummy, was finally re-launched on our website www.gameduell.com.
Office. The word that draws a picture of a dull grey cubicle in a dusty city centre. The word that makes you tired and bored. The word that represents routine and monotony… but not at GameDuell! Here, the office life is bright and exciting as there’s always something happening, either table tennis tournaments, or birthday singings, or eat-that-cake marathons – you name it. One of the latest additions to the GameDuell life is Little Diggers – an initiative coming from our team members who decided to set up a garden on the rooftop terrace and further contribute to the green philosophy here at GameDuell.
Last December, we gave our yearly Christmas donation to Spielwagen e.V. – an organization that puts all its effort into creating individual playground activities across the areas of Friedrichschain-Kreuzberg in Berlin.
Here, at GameDuell, we like doing sports. We jog, we do back training and yoga, we play volleyball and we love table tennis. In fact, GameDuell has a serious case of table tennis obsession – nearly everybody in the office has already caught a table tennis bug, so you can hear people fling the ping pong ball every single day.
This infatuation has reached its peak yesterday, when the world witnessed the 2nd Annual GameDuell Table Tennis Masters Tournament.
GameDuell is proud to announce its most recent charity recipient: Skate-Aid.org. We have donated 2,500 Euros for the organization founded by the German skate guru, Titus Dittman. Our donation will go towards repairing the Shangilia Skate Park in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Nordic countries have a fast-growing gaming market, enriched by many talented game developers and designers. This makes Scandinavia one of the best locations to produce and play games, so GameDuell is heading there to see what’s up!
Next week, Kraków will host one of the leading gaming conferences in Central and Eastern Europe – Digital Dragons. As the city that is famous for being one of the most beautiful places in Europe, Kraków is also known as the Silicon Valley and the tech capital of Poland.