GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
GameDuell has launched the first premium synchronous multiplayer Gin Rummy game created by its international games veterans team – featured on the App Store all over the world as one of the best new games
Gin Rummy is one of the most popular card games in North America. Surprisingly, a first-class Gin Rummy experience has not existed for players to enjoy on mobile devices. GameDuell is about to change that. The company has a long history of developing multiplayer card games and continued that tradition by launching Grand Gin Rummy worldwide. Right from start the game was featured on the Apple iOS App Store all over the world as one of the best new games.
Created by an All-Star Team led by International Game Veterans Grand Gin Rummy was designed by a skilled team, led by games industry veterans Todd English, Ian J. Bowden, and Howard Phillips. The three leveraged their combined leadership experience from Popcap, Rockstar, Nintendo, THQ, Microsoft, and Epic Games to define the superior style and gameplay of Grand Gin Rummy.
Technologically the game is based on GameDuell’s own groundbreaking cross-platform game engine that makes it possible to develop for iOS, Android, HTML5 and desktop devices at once. A joint backend infrastructure allows full cross-platform functionality, so that players can play with each other wherever and whenever they feel like – independently from the platform. After the initial mobile version a Facebook canvas version is slated to follow within the coming weeks.
Gin Rummy originated in New York during the 1920s – the time when art and culture flourished and when American cinema entered its golden age. Broadway actors and Hollywood movie stars made Gin Rummy hugely popular by playing the game on and off the stage. GameDuell has recreated the atmosphere of the “roaring twenties” by inviting the player to a gorgeously designed grand hotel styled after some of the most luxurious locations of the time. In this authentic setting, players can meet to enjoy a competitive game of Gin in a relaxed atmosphere. Card game lovers will enjoy four different game modes including the famous “Oklahoma” variant. Players are welcomed into the Grand Gin Rummy hotel with a friendly tutorial and several rounds in the game’s quick mode. Afterwards, players are able to compete against other Gin Rummy enthusiasts from all over the world in synchronous multiplayer matches. For times when players are not connected to the Internet, they can still enjoy a relaxed round of Gin in the game’s offline practice mode. In this mode, players are challenged by skilled A.I. opponents.
Gin Rummy is one of the most beloved and well-known card games in the United States, where combined iOS, App Store and Google Play revenues in the card games category grew by approximately 45% from Q4 2014 to Q4 2015 according to App Annie. “It was about time to create the first premium mobile and Facebook Gin Rummy app for the many fans out there. We are convinced that they will enjoy their Grand Gin Rummy experience as much as we do”, comments Todd English, Head of the Games Production Studio at GameDuell.