GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Successful provider of casual games plans 120 new hires – Corporate communication, employer branding and PR under responsibility of new Head of Public Relations
GameDuell starts the New Year with a job and PR initiative. Contrary to the trend in the industry, the casual and social online games provider, founded in 2003, plans to hire 120 new employees this year. GameDuell is pushing to further expand in the fields of social and mobile games and offers many attractive jobs to experienced professionals, especially in the fields of technology, development, product management and graphics. The top positions include Senior Game Developer/Games Architect (HTML 5, Flash, iOS, Android), Senior Mobile Developer (HTML 5, iOS, Android), Senior Mobile Web Designer and Head of Social and Mobile Games. GameDuell has already recruited an experienced Head of Public Relations in the person of Axel Schmidt. Starting in February, he has taken over responsibility for corporate communications, employer branding and product PR. In its public relations activities, GameDuell will initially focus on brand perception and the external image as an employer of choice in the European web and games industry. The growing company is characterized by a flexible and collaborative way of working together and a great team spirit. An illustrative insight into GameDuell’s corporate culture and the company’s vacancies can be gained by visiting https://inside.gameduell.com/jobs/.
Experienced Industry expert assumes PR responsibility Starting in February, Axel Schmidt has assumed the responsibility for PR as GameDuell’s Head of Public Relations. He holds a master’s degree in political science and literature and was most recently working as Director of Corporate Communications for Gameforge. Following his studies and traineeship in Hamburg at PR agency Borgmeier Public Relations, Axel Schmidt became PR Manager of the Berlin-based online games publisher Frogster in 2006, where he was in charge of developing the international product PR. As Senior PR Manager and later Head of Public Relations he established and led the international PR team. From August 2010, Axel Schmidt took over Frogster’s corporate communications and supported the Executive Board of the listed company in the field of Investor Relations. In March 2012, he transferred to the parent company Gameforge AG, where he was responsible for both external and internal corporate communications in the same position. “We plan to expand our activities and offers in the area of mobile and social games significantly this year. We will accompany this expansion by building out our public relations efforts targeted at professionals who really want to make a difference in the world of games. We are delighted that Axel Schmidt, as an experienced industry expert, has joined us in this endeavor”, comments CEO Kai Bolik on GameDuell’s job and PR initiative.