GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Each quarter, GameDuell donates 2,500 Euros to charity organizations locally or internationally. Team members are encouraged to offer suggestions on charities they feel very passionately about or are personally involved with. All of our quarterly charitable donations so far this year, have been to children’s educational projects.
GameDuell’s first quarter donation of 2,500 Euros went to the "Förderverein Gemeinschaftshaus MORUS 14 e.V." (“Friends of the MORUS 14 Community House”). Created in 2003 and located in the Berlin district of Neukölln, MORUS has been committed to maintaining social integration through education, culture and violence prevention. With one-on-one mentoring, children meet with their mentor to receive help with their studies or extracurricular activities, as well as a sympathetic ear to voice their fears and concerns and help them find ways to address them.
With 15% of 6 to 18 year olds in the neighborhood participating in this award winning mentoring program called “Netzwerk Schülerhilfe Rollberg” or “Rollberg Educational Support Network”, this political and religious independent association is recognized as an NGO for youth welfare.
Every Child Has A Talent!
Our second quarterly donation of 2,500 Euros went to the “Neuköllner Talente” (or Neukölln Talents).
Launched in 2008 in the Berlin district of Neukölln, “Neukölln Talents” hopes to awaken the many untapped talents in children. Volunteers otherwise called “Godparents” help to broaden the children’s horizons through visits to museums, city excursions, libraries as well as cooking and sporting activities.
Achieving more together! Integration: A two way process. A shared responsibility.
In the third quarter, a donation was made to “Schülerpaten e.V”, German for “Student Mentors".
Created in 2004 in Berlin with the goal of creating cost-effective education to children of Arabian immigrants, “Student Mentors” have been so successful that it has a presence in three other German cities.
Since the need for mentoring is great among Arabian children and there are a lot of opportunities for qualified students to volunteer, “Schülerpaten e.V” melds both perfectly together! The project’s aim is simple but effective: Student mentors try to create better educational opportunities through individual tutoring, teaching of the German language and integration into the larger society in families with a foreign background. For their outstanding work, “Schülerpaten e.V” has been presented with numerous awards.
Influenced by the World Cup this past summer, a special donation was made to “Mitternachtssport e.V“, German for “Midnight Sports”. This organization is unique in that public sporting facilities will keep their doors open at nights through the early morning in an attempt to keep troubled youths from participating in crime and off the streets. Modeled after some American cities’ attempt to curb crime, violence and drug abuse, “Mitternachtsport” uses sports as a means to build self confidence, determination and team work through team sport.
With such inspiring organizations making an attempt to better the lives of children, we at GameDuell will continue to contribute our part to improving people’s lives.