GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
In August, Belote.com took part in the “Playing for the Planet” initiative, a program supported by the United Nations Environment Program. Alongside major players in the world of mobile gaming and as part of the Green Mobile Game Jam, Belote.com joined a week-long challenge to inform players of climate change-related topics.
Upon opening their apps, Belote.com players were invited to take part in a daily quiz. The questions posed provided the opportunity for players to learn more about environment-related topics with the possibility to earn some bonus chips. A total of more than 47 million chips were distributed for free to 150,000 participants. And now it's your turn to take part in our quiz to find out whether you are a green Belote player.
It's your turn. Are you a green Belote player?
Are you an expert ecologist?
Find out by answering our 7 green questions!
Question 1: Do you have a green thumb?
Correct Answer: Both are correct!
Many natural fertilizers will provide your plants with the nutrients they need. Among the easiest to use at home are banana peels, coffee grounds, cooking water, and eggshells.
Just enough to perk up your plants while reducing cost and respecting nature!
Question 2: Hello, Doctor!
Correct Answer: B!
When thrown in the trash (or worse, down the toilet), your expired medicines could pollute soils, rivers, and groundwater, and would harm biodiversity.
Remember to return medicines to a pharmacy for reuse. Each year, more than 7,000 homes are powered and heated by recycled medicines!
Question 3: Plastic is…
Correct Answer: B!
It's no longer a secret that plastic is the number 1 enemy to the environment. Non-biodegradable, it affects our soils, seas, rivers, and oceans in the long term, as well as the health of all living things on our planet.
Fortunately, there is no shortage of sustainable and environmentally-friendly solutions. Why not opt for paper, bamboo, glass, or even metal? The planet will thank you!
Question 4: How do you consume responsibly?
Correct Answer: Buy second-hand!
Waiting for the sales is a great way to get a good deal, but turning to the second-hand market also helps avoid overconsumption and will help to reduce waste production.
Question 5: Water is life!
Correct answer: 3 bottles of water!
That’s right! It takes 3 bottles of water to produce a plastic water bottle. By consuming tap water, you save money and avoid wasting this vital resource! Consuming tap water in France[AK1] is safe (unless otherwise specified by your municipality). It is drinkable and naturally rich in mineral salts. It's time to put an end to those heavy cases of bottled water!
Question 6: Laundry time
Correct answer: Heat the water!
Yes, 80% of the energy consumed by your washing machine is used to heat the water. By doing your laundry at a lower temperature (30°), you save energy and preserve the quality of your clothes. It will not be any less clean and your laundry will do the rest!
Question 7: Energy savings
Correct Answer: A and B!
It’s pointless lighting an empty space. Turning lights off when leaving a room does good for the planet. Installing LED lightbulbs will also save costs. LED lightbulbs consume 80% less electricity than conventional light bulbs and have a much longer life span.
We hope you enjoyed this quiz! Find out how you scored...
• You answered 7 questions correctly: Congratulations, it's a capot! Belote.com has nothing to teach you because you are already an ecology ace!
• You answered between 4 and 6 questions correctly: When it comes to caring for our planet, you are a solid ecologist.
• You answered between 1 and 3 questions correctly: You are on the right track! Ecology is a topic you refuse to ignore. Soon you’ll be able to declare yourself an ecology King or Queen!
• You didn’t answer any questions correctly: There’s still room for improvement, but you can learn by playing!
Thank you for taking part! As a thank you, we’re giving you 200 chips to play a free game on Belote.com: http://bit.ly/BELGreenQuiz
At Belote.com, taking care of the planet does pay off!