GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Newbie Cooking at GameDuell
The best way to bring people together isn’t just games – it’s food! That’s why every once in a while we invite all new team members to the Newbie Cooking Session, where we all get to know each other while preparing a meal and welcome aboard our newcomers. Currently, GameDuell has 215 members from 35 different countries – but, with the effort of our amazing HR team, this list is expanding every month.
Ian Bowden: “Let your drawings speak on their own.”
Ian Bowden, former Grand Theft Auto rock-star and current Art Director at GameDuell, in a delightful interview about sketching people on the subway, his favourite games and how your background defines you as an artist.
GameDuell supports AMANDLA Computer Training Project
Computer skills are becoming increasingly important nowadays. They can not only open new doors into the job market, but also help with better exploiting one’s personal potential. This is why we gladly contributed to Non-Profit Organization AMANDLA’s computer training project in Cape Town with a monetary donation. The training provided 15 young adults aged between 18 to 25 with a certified education in computer usage.
How we ran the B2RUN
On the 10th of September, Berlin witnessed the final round of the biggest company run in the country – the B2RUN. The sporty team of GameDuell couldn’t, of course, ignore an event of such importance and on a stormy Friday afternoon 9 of us went to the monumental Olympiastadion to take part in a 6km long run with other 14 000 participants.
Summer in GameDuell: Tomatoes, Barbecues and 38C Heat
Even though Berlin summers are usually capricious and unpredictable, this year we were blessed with lots of joyful and colorful days – days that were, in fact, pretty hot. And by ‘pretty hot’ we mean 38 degrees Celsius. So of course there was a great deal of ice cream in the office and a number of refreshing outdoor activities. But what else did we do this summer?
The People of GameDuell: Our Favourite Games
Here at GameDuell we don't only make games. We play them too (big surprise). And as the matter of fact, the range of gaming interest at GameDuell goes far beyond mobile. There's Xbox, PS4, Facebook, and even board games that we like to play. But which ones are our top favourites? Here's the list:
Todd English: “Every game is a service”
Head of Studio at GameDuell, Todd English, talks about game development, motivation, and the need of taking creative risks.
Friends, Family and Bull Riding: GameDuell’s Western Barbecue
Ever since the beginning of GameDuell, its mission has been bringing people together to have a good time with games. However, it's not only games that we're being social with. Here, at GameDuell, we’ve been big fans of throwing barbecues on our rooftop terrace but lately we’ve discovered something that’s even better. Bull riding on a western barbecue.