GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
It's been 10 months since the GameDuell family left its headquarters and many of us are missing the office.
In August, Belote.com took part in the “Playing for the Planet” initiative, a program supported by the United Nations Environment Program. Alongside major players in the world of mobile gaming and as part of the Green Mobile Game Jam, Belote.com joined a week-long challenge to inform players of climate change-related topics.
Drum roll, on your mark, and open the curtain for the next team in our Behind the Scenes series… People & Culture!
What comes to your mind when you hear art and graphics? Colorful spaces with brushes and paint everywhere? Or huge pen tablets, magic image editing software, and piles of notes and sketches? To give you a proper impression, we asked our Art & Graphics Team how their work life as creative beings looks like.
One year ago, we signed the “Charta der Vielfalt” to strengthen and deepen our practice of being an inclusive and international company even more. We can already proudly say, that with 26 nationalities, 130 team members with multicultural backgrounds, and an open-minded team, we all have one big thing in common:
We accept everyone for who they are!
Yesterday, we told you how life in home office is right now and what measures we are taking to bring the team closer together. Since we are probably not the only ones trying to cope with this situation as well as possible, we thought we could share our learnings from the past weeks with you. Maybe there are some suggestions that could work for you too. So today we would like to share our golden tips that we gathered for you, to have a good work-life balance and to master your job interview.
Especially in times like these, it is very important to keep focused and remind ourselves of our mission: “Bringing people together to have a good time with games”. But does it only work with games? - NO! If we have learned one thing from our time in isolation, it’s that virtual meetings via video call are not only there for keeping everybody updated, they are also a lot of fun. Whether we meet virtually to do yoga in our team members' garden, have our kids pull a face, or we totally fail at singing birthday songs, even with a karaoke tool, we always do it with a smile on our face and a good laugh.
Four months ago, it was time for our yearly Christmas donation.
We always try to find initiatives and organizations with a playful aspect in order to light up some people's lives. This time we decided to support two wonderful organizations… drum roll…